1904 - The Pretoria Rugby Referees Society were formed as part of the Transvaal Rugby Referees Society.
1934 - Adv. Boet Neser became Chairman.
1938 - The Northern Transvaal Rugby Referees Society were formed with SH (Kokkie) de Kock as their first Chairman. The Society starts with 40 active referees.
1940 - Adv. Neser writes the first Constitution, and the executive consists of a Chairman, Vice - chairman, Secretary and 2 Additional members.
1944 - Uli Schmidt became Chairman.
1946 - Carel Basson became Chairman.
1947 - The Society end the year with 65 active Referees. Uli Schmidt became Chairman for the second time.
1949 - The Society end the year with 93 active Referees.
1950 - The Constitution under go some changes and was translated into Afrikaans for the first time.
1954 - The Society end the year with 102 active Referees.
1956 - The Constitution changes again, and the executive now consists of a Chairman, Vice - chairman, Secretary and 3 Additional members. Carel Basson became Chairman for the second time.
1957 - Dr. Bertie Strasheim became Chairman.
1958 - The Society end the year with 75 active Referees. The Referees wears a blue shirt and short from now on.
1959 - Blue rugby socks were introduced.
1961 - The Society end the year with 95 active Referees.
1963 - Mike Odendaal became Chairman.
1966 - The blue shirt of the Referees was replaced by a blue Rugby jersey.
1967 - The Society end the year with 70 active Referees. Far Northern Transvaal became a Union on their own, with their own Referees. Rustenburg became part of Western Transvaal, Ermelo and Bethal part of Eastern Transvaal.
1968 - Referees in Witbank, Middelburg and Nelspruit is now part of the new South - eastern Transvaal Rugby Referees Society.
1969 - The first Touchjudges were appointed in Carlton matches.
1970 - The jersey of the Referees changes to a white one. The Society end the year with 116 active Referees.
1972 - The JH Jansen Trophy for the Referee with best Progress was introduces. The Referees of the Society wrote Law exams for the first time.
1974 - Two A.G.M’s were held this year, one in February and the other in October. The A.G.M. moves to the end of the year from now on.
1976 - The Society end the year with 120 active Referees. The concept of 4 groups in the Society starts this year.
1977 - Subs were introduced for the first time and it was set on R12.00. JS Olivier became the first Assistant - secretary.
1978 - The Mike Odendaal Hall (Clubhouse) were opened. Trophy’s for 1,5,10,15 and 20 years membership were introduced, As well as Merit - and Carlton colours. The Rugby Union made its first travel allowance payment to the Society, the amount was R3,000.00. The Constitution changes again, and from now on the Society administrates its own finances.
1979 - Brig. Cecil de Jongh became Chairman.
1982 - The honorariums of the Sectretary and the Ass. - secretary were R786.00. The MC van Zyl Trophy for the Best Achievement were introduced. Dr. Louis Wessels became the Chairman.
1983 - The Japie Gouws Trophy for the Best Progress by a Junior Referee were introduced. The Society end the year with 103 active Referees. The 4 groups in the Society receive names, they are : Aanslaners (Knock ons), Doodvatters (Tacklers), Skoppers (Kickers) and the Vuilspelers (Dirty Players).
1984 - The jersey of the Referees changes to dark blue.
1985 - Fluit - Fluit, the Society’s own Newsletter starts.
1998 - Kosie Horn was appointed as the first fulltime official of the Society. Gerhard Roodt was also appointed on a full time basis to do the appointments. The name of the Society changes to the Blue Bull Rugby Referees Society.
2000 - Rock Haywood was appointed to the executive to manage Transformation.
2001 - The Society publishes their own Web - page.
2003 - Dr. Oscar Somers became chairman. Andy Turner, a International referee, joins the BBRRS.
2009 - The society start to use a electronic computer system to handle referee appointments.